Fire in Houston blamed on inflatable gorilla
HOUSTON - Fire department officials said an out-of-control inflatable gorilla was blamed for a rooftop blaze at a Houston shopping center. No injuries were reported in the fire early Thursday. The remnants of the inflatable gorilla were seen at the site.
District Chief Fred Hooker said some type of a "blowup doll" was on the roof, the item deflated and landed on some lights, leading to the fire.
Fire authorities said two stores suffered minor water damage. Part of the rooftop also was seen to have suffered fire damage.